1. Is my house going to fall down?
It is not likely your house will fall down. The need for foundation repair however, may affect the overall value of your home and increase the time your house remains on the market. Completing minor/small foundation or waterproofing repairs early may prevent future more costly foundation repairs.
2. When should I call a professional to look at my property?
• If your doors are not closing properly.
• Floors are slanted and furniture does not sit level.
• You notice stair step cracks in your foundation wall
• You notice cracks in your drywall
• Window sills are separating
• You notice moisture in your crawl space
• You are preparing to sell your house and would like a “checkup” on you house prior to placing your house on the market.
• If you are the buyer and you suspect foundation issues have Foundation Xperts provide an assessment from a foundation repair expert.
• You are placing an offer on a property to purchase and your home inspection report request an experienced professional address foundation issues.
3. Why should I use Foundation Xperts?
Foundation Xperts is locally owned and operated. The owners bring over 30 years of combined experience and knowledge to your home from the estimate to the completion of the job. Our reputation is our life line. We provide quality, professional work without overselling the service or reducing the scope of work required to complete the job right the first time.
4. I live outside the Triangle area can you repair my foundation?
Foundation Xperts provides service for the entire state of North Carolina with offices in Durham, NC. We will readily speak with you regarding repair foundations to your commercial or residential property.
5. I have several foundation repair companies provide me with an assessment and estimate, each company has suggested a different repair plan with different costs. How do I know which one is the right repair for my home?
Foundation Xperts would encourage you to have a licensed structural engineer provide an independent assessment and complete scope of work. An engineer’s report with a scope of work may run you $500.00 or more depending on which independent structural engineer you hire. Foundation Xperts will willingly offset a percentage of the engineering cost for the client if the client contracts with Foundation Xperts to complete the scope of work provided by the engineer. For details, please contact our office 919-479-7100.
6. What kind of guarantee is provided for foundation repair?
If the repair on your property requires the use of Helical or Push Piers to stabilize the foundation a TRANSFERABLE LIFE OF THE STRUCTURE warranty is provided to the client upon completion of the job.
7. How do I pay for the foundation work completed by Foundation Xperts?
Foundation Xperts requests payment to be made at the completion of each repair. Foundation Xperts accepts local checks, and cash as payment for work completed.
8. Are your workers contractors or employees?
Foundation Xperts is proud to say all of our field employees have been with us since the inception of the company. The supervisor and owners have completed extensive training.